Monday, June 27, 2011

A Busy Few Days

So the last time I was on here was the day before we left and my intentions were to blog a little more often and I promise that that is what I will do from here on out.  So let me start out with Friday and continue on from there.

Friday didn't go off quite as we had planned but sometimes the greatest of plans just don't work out the way you want them to!  We started the morning at the crack of dawn (5:30a.m. to be exact) getting Emily ready for her final day of Marine Magnet Beach Camp and the BIG snorkel trip.  She was delivered to school by 6:30 and my day went on from there.  First picking up the car rental, packing the car, making sure the girls were all ready and finally a few minutes to relax before heading to my parents house and picking up Emily and hitting the road.  My first snag of the day was with Emily.  She was supposed to be back at school by 1:30...well in actuality it was 2:30 so we got off to a much later start than we anticipated.  Oh well again with the best laid plans :)  So for those of you who are reading this and don't know me as well as some let me tell you a little bit about me and driving.  I HATE driving over bridges...however more than my hatred for driving over bridges is my ABSOLUTE HATRED for driving in the rain and guess what???  Just South of Daytona I hit the nastiest thunderstorm :(  The rain was coming down in sheets and the visibility was awful, thankfully there wasn't a terrible amount of traffic on the highway; all the same though, I was white knuckled and my hands were killing me by the time we were through the downpour.  Once we hit Jacksonville we took a nice driving break and enjoyed dinner with our dear friends Chris and Lara.  It was a relief to be off the road for a little while.  Finally at about 11:30 we pulled in to Jesup Georgia and arrived at Grandma June's house!

So Jesup, Georgia is a town that is about the size of my house.  So what did we do for the next 2 days you ask???  Well we shopped a lot (running errands mostly), watched movies, and ate...boy did we eat; Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, and good old American.  We also drove around the town and saw some beautiful homes and churches on every corner of every block!  Incredible, I think that there is probably one church for every family that lives in the town!  So those were our adventures in Jesup...we will be going back through toward the end of the trip so there will be more to come later!

So now it is Monday and we are enjoying our evening in a beautiful Best Western up near Grandfather Mountain in North Carolina.  The plan is to tour the mountain tomorrow and then head on up to Ohio tomorrow evening.

On a side note...for those of you living in Florida and enjoying all of those wonderful $3.65 gallons of gas (at least that is what I paid when I left) we are enjoyng gas prices around $3.35...amazing how the same stuff is different prices all over the place!  Oh well that is all I have to report for tonight.  There will be more to come now that we are on the road and sight seeing.  I hope this hasn't been to boring but it is giving me a chance to reflect and share our adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment